On 07/03/2016 19:57, Guillaume Hoffmann wrote:

> I think the only blocker for the release is "darcs stash". Ganesh has
> already sent many patches for a refactoring that prepares the stash
> command and there are more coming. We need to review them and test the
> feature when it is done.

I think 'darcs stash' probably won't be ready for 2.12.

I sent the refactoring patches to reduce the divergence between my stash
branch and mainline - they're worthwhile in themselves as I think the
final code is simpler and cleaner, albeit I wouldn't have gone to the
effort were it not for stash.

I still need to rebase the stash feature itself onto the latest
mainline, and then I need to update the UI along the lines we discussed
some months ago and give it some more thorough testing. I don't think
that's realistic for the next couple of months and I don't think we
should hold up 2.12 for it.

> Ganesh also has improvements for the "darcs test" command, if they can
> be ready soon, they will make it in 2.12.

That should be feasible; I'll try to focus on submitting those next.

> The perfect moment for the release would be not too long after the
> release of GHC 8, so that we can hope to have Darcs 2.12 included in
> the next Debian stable along with GHC 8.

Fine with me. FYI I've tested darcs with GHC 8.0.1 rc2 and it pretty
much works fine with a couple of minor changes. There's a problem with
one dependency (shelly) not building that will be easy enough to fix in
the code of shelly if needed - I think it's caused by a regression in
GHC that might be fixed in rc3, so I haven't pursued changing shelly
itself yet.

Ganesh