I see. Well I guess it depends very much on the project. In a rather complex
project I think exceptions should be preferred to prevent weird behaviour.
But in very small projects it might be more overhead than usage...

Still in my opinion a failing operation is exceptional but this is more of a
philosophical issue... ;)

Regards, Philip