Hey,

My 2 bits on this -

a) ODC and DataMeet Trust can be co-branded - they have the same origins
and this is a good opportunity for the Trust to get some visibility through
ODC.

b) This letter is a bit long- I would recommend that you edit out some bits
- especially about the backgrounds of the old ODCs and focus on the current
one, mentioning Krishnamurthy's participation.

On 27 March 2014 08:37, Nisha Thompson <ni...@datameet.org> wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
> I am contacting you on behalf of DataMeet, a registered public trust in
> Bangalore which aims to promote a culture of open and public data sharing.
> Our online community of more than seven hundred members has been active on
> a weekly basis since 2011. The goal of the group is to promote opening up
> public data and promote its access and use. Since 2012 we have held
> meetings in Bangalore, New Delhi and Hyderabad and an annual Open Data Camp
> (ODC) with more than 150 participants from the education, business,
> technology and non-profit sectors in India. We have worked with the NIC's
> Data.Gov.In data portal to promote open formats and ask for various
> datasets through their request module. Mrs Alka Misra has attended several
> Open Data Camps and presented their work and interacted with our community
> around what data we think is important for the government to share.
>
> In the third annual Open DataCamp on 22-23 March 2014, we dedicated to
> exploring election data and how citizens can use it to understand the
> electoral process and create tools that help people gain access to
> essential voting information.  We had former Chief Election Commissioner
> Shri T.N. Krishnamurthy deliver the keynote address and discuss his time
> with the Election Commission.
>
> During this event we made a list of data that if the Election Commission
> released in a more open format would provide more transparency and access
> to this essential information.
>
> 1)Post 2009, Parliamentary and Assembly Constituency boundaries in GIS and
> XML files [*],
>

> Sir, we understand you are very busy at this important time. We salute
> your work, and sincerely appreciate your website which is a valuable public
> resource for understanding Indian elections. We sincerely request the
> Commissioners to publish online the current geospatial datasets for
> electoral constituencies in India.

Regards

Amrtha

--