Hi Folks,
I just wanted to report back that IMD was surprisingly easy.
A specific email request (in their specified format) got a response with a
price quote in a week. And two weeks after I sent a draft (DD), I got the
data by email.
Haven't explored it yet, but looks promising - from 1906 for many stations.
Cheers
Robin
PS. Other researchers & plantations have still not responded with data :)

--
For more details about this list
http://datameet.org/discussions/