Hello to all,

I have corrected and uploaded the shapefile, I will call this as a release
dated 15_5_2014

This is the link to the common folder which will ultimately contain formats
other than shapefile also

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5Vi_GGFrdRNaGx0V25XYTQtdnM&usp=sharing

This is the copy of the revised readme file

......readme.....start

Editable_India_election_maps_2014
(India parliamentary constituencies maps)

readme file for
Editable_India_election_maps_2014 by Dilip Damle

These dataset are also termed as "India_pc_2014_lighterWeight" in the
context of the source from which they are made

This is a common readme file for all types of formats in which I (Dilip
Damle) intendes to release the data.

Individual folders may contain separate readme specific to that format

There is an excel file in the root folder which has the data table of all
the constituencies.

Lightweight means lighter than the source used below other than that this
dataset is very detailed.

This is a dataset created by Dilip Damle (cadvis...@gmail.com) using the
Datatmeet Bangalore hackathon datase, This version is dated 15-May-2014 and
later.

Objective : to Create a lighter version of the shape file and then create
ediatble maps in commonly used formats like ACAD, AI, CDR, PPT etc.

Copyright : Dilip Damle  Creative commons lincese
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/in/

Source : Based on the Datameet Bangalore dataset
https://github.com/datameet/maps/tree/master/parliamentary-constituencies

Modifications done : Point density reduced and cleanup done.

Limitations : there could still be some sliver gaps/ overlaps left after
cleaning.