Hello,

I think we need to discuss the following

1. When is the data eligible to go to Repository

There could be several factors here. Mainly cleanliness and completeness.

2. Place other than Repository for temporary data.
I think it should surely not be "only an attachment to a post here"
Then it becomes difficult to find later
Administrators should decide on suitable place

3. The particular formats itself

This could vary based on type of data

My observations  is that  for many types of data  Multiple Linked Tables
serve better than a single CSV file which is more common.
In this case is .mdb acceptable or is there any other open format for
linked tables.

this could be a long topic...

4. Compressing multiple files in one file

Unless there is a reason multiple files that go together should be bundled
in to one file.
This should also be true for repository.

5. About the content itself

Since multiple people will contribute/edit to data we will have to have
some rules.
example : when there is a Unique for the data it should always be used
otherwise combining comparing the data becomes difficult.
( presently I am trying to collate the election results data and find there
are differences in the different sources especially in the Names of places.
Will be putting up the collated data in .mdb format in a few days)