Hi Dilip,

Boundaries are rarely clean straight lines. The official boundaries as of
today have their origins in different eras.  Right from the boundaries of
historic princely States, to the partition, to linguistic reorganization of
states, all of them have contributed to the boundaries that you see today.

There are many enclaves and disputed territories at village, tehisil and
district levels all across India. Some can be seen in the mp-up border,
some in hp, others in rajasthan, as well in the northeast.

Whether you keep them or remove them from the data is up to you,  but you
as well as others who use this data,  should be aware that they exist on
the ground.

Regards
Devdatta