Dear all,

Thanks a lot Rohith!

Let us have the meet-up in CBGA then. I guess this will make it easier for
people from CBGA to join in as well (who can help us a lot to read through
the budget datasets).

As for the budget datasests, as the new expenditure table (Union Budget
2014-15) are yet to be available in spreadsheet formats, should we instead
work with the 2013-14 sheets (they are available in *.xls* format at <
data.gov.in>)?

Thematic focus on expenditures in social sectors sounds good. If our
exercise can tie-up with something CBGA is already doing, that will also be
fine.

Let us keep the pdf-to-csv exercises for the next meet-up, and focus this
one on understanding budget data, visualising that, and finding out what
all data is missing (or not readily usable), so that we can make request
for that through <data.gov.in>.

Is that alright? Please feel free to suggest other possibilities.

>From a brief look at <data.gov.in> datasets, it seemed to me that most of
them are available at a highly aggregated level. This is surely something
we can try to address, through data requests and by speaking directly with
NIC and other ministries (as possible).

Bests,

riju

PS: Thank also for the clarification about allocation for 'smart cities',

sumandro
ajantriks.net