Here's an assumption I have, if someone could clarify?

Does every village in the country have a pincode? I think, may be not,
pincode is given only if postal office exist at that place? (I guess)
So, villages with no postal office in thier village have a postal code of
nearest postal office which could be in another village? (possible)

If someone familiar with above cases, it would be easy (if not, doable) to
geotag village's picodes autmatically.

Thanks,
Pratap