Hi Aashish,

I was frustrated with my personal experience with delays and with the talk
of bullet trains when the ordinary trains were persistently delayed by 2-3
hours over a   running time which was much the same!

I applied for an RTI a couple of months back to MoRl on "number of actual
arrivals at final destination" vs "number of arrivals with a delay of 30
mins or more" for a period of 30 days from 4th June-4th July.

On filing an appeal, I started getting varying responses from the 17 odd
zones. Interestingly, the Railway Board didn't seem to have this data in
one place. They wrote to all the 17 zones, who wrote to all the divisions(I
was copied in all this communication!). Some divisions gave me
hand-complied information. One zone asked for Rs 16000 for the photocopying
charges. One proactive station manager called me to get clarity on the
information being sought! A few divisions out-rightly refused citing a
previous CIC ruling.

What I asked for is perhaps a little different from your query(which is
even more interesting). But my guess is - there doesn't seem to be such
centralised information with the railway board. The zones seem to have
their own independent systems with varying level of automation.

Regards,
Rajesh