Thanks Arun,

I already have people looking into this possibility, but the initial
prospects look bleak. I know that these files (shp and/or kml) exist, as I
have seen a new state .nic websites that utilize these data in one form or
another (on Bihar's website, there are beautiful pdf maps that came from
shp files). Sadly, they are tightfisted with access. I might have to
download all of the pdf maps I can find and convert them.... This is
something that I am trying to avoid.

Respectfully,

Rick Morgan
PhD candidate