SR,
Thanks - have the data downloaded from both.  can the vector data be
shared?  the lgdir data is constantly changing...

Devdatta, you know whats going on behind the scenes with the sites - you
have to have the data too!??

thejeshgn.com
<https://archive.org/search.php?query=publisher%3A%22thejeshgn.com%22> - he
has the data too??  https://archive.org/details/IndiaVillageBoundaries

not sure why people from India aren't posting the data when they have it -
Is the govt restricting free data from being uploaded?  Can it be posted ?
 https://archive.org/details/IndiaVillageBoundaries started, but stopped?
 does everyone have all that data (for the entire nation) already?  The
Mapbox people must have it!?  Or am I the only one in the world with
several different full national level datasets for villages in India?  This
cannot be true -

Can it be hosted on GitHub?