A consolidated agri-climate data was put together for 1957-1987 by duke
econ department: https://ipl.econ.duke.edu/dthomas/dev_data/datafiles/
india_agric_climate.htm

*​*Their data resources may serve as pointers for your requirements.
Otherwise please find a few more resources, that I know of, inline.*​*

*Sutirtha Roy | Economist, O/o CEA | Ministry of Finance*
*011-23095176 (O) **9810645843 (M) *

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Jothirnadh <jothirn...@mapbox.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm working on dividing Maharashtra into a group of regions, where each
> group has a significant topography, vegetation index, climatic changes,
> soil types and population census. By doing this I want to understand how we
> can cluster different regions of a Maharashtra into one group. For this, I
> need the following information of Maharashtra:
>
> 1. Population census
> ​:  ​https://archive.org/details/CompleteDataOfCensusOfIndia2011
> (Thejesh's dataset)
>
> 2. Regional vegetation index
> ​: http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/data/download/index.php - Click on
> Themes/Products> Land-Vegetation>Year

You may consider combining the agroclimatic map here:
http://iasri.res.in/agridata//12data%5Cchapter1%5Cdb2012tb1_2.pdf with the
table on page 220 here: http://planningcommission.nic.in/aboutus/committee/
wrkgrp11/wg11_agrclim.pdf to get a list of crops and agricultural products
in a agclimate zone. ​