That makes sense.

State by state is the only way then. RTI each state?  Maybe they will have
the map. Each division office should have a list of associated villages
which the state department might have. Assuming village is the boundary in
rural area and probably pincode for urban like the karnataka map. If they
split up villages then it is super hard.

Nisha Thompson
DataMeet.org
ni...@datameet.org
skype: nishaqt