Hi everyone, just sending a link to a data story I did on the Asian Games.

The athletics events at this year's Asian Games are starting this Saturday.
In the story I try to guess how many athletics medals India could win at
the Asian Games using past data. Chances are we could win fewer than we did
in 2014.

Here's the link to the story:
https://shijithpk.github.io/asian_games_athletics/index.html .

Parts of the story were earlier published in the Hindustan Times, just
putting it all in one place so it's easier to read.

Used data from IAAF.org for the story as well as IAAF's scoring tables
<https://www.iaaf.org/news/iaaf-news/scoring-tables-2017>.

The python code used to scrape and analyse the data is available in the
github repo here: https://github.com/shijithpk/asian_games_athletics .

If anyone has any questions or feedback, do let me know! -thanks, shijith