Hello,

There's been a building footprints data release by Google recently, I
didn't find any post on datameet for it yet (or maybe I didn't look
properly) so posting under this thread.

You can read all about it and download at this link:
https://sites.research.google/open-buildings/

One good thing here that wasn't there in the Microsoft data release :
Confidence level values attached with each shape. So one can filter out the
ones with lower values or color them differently to indicate lower
certainty.
Another good thing : The data is a lot more dense than what we had in
Microsoft's release.

They have given grid-wise downloads which IMHO are still too big, spanning
whole states.

I've written a basic script in python for extracting a limited region's
data, sharing here:
https://gist.github.com/answerquest/7e77a87a6c2a0654a8eea7da0dfdede4
Kindly read the instructions carefully before using. And you can add
comments at bottom if you face any problem.

Regards
Nikhil
https://nikhilvj.co.in