Hi all,

I'm writing to ask for pointers on Rice% and Millet% land-use data for all
districts in India.

Currently, for rice, I have identified a potential source from the article "New
district-level maps of rice cropping in India
<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0378429006000268#aep-article-footnote-id8>"

that leads to the India Rice Cropping Maps
<https://eos-earthdata.sr.unh.edu/data/data46.jsp> on EOS Earthdata
<https://eos-earthdata.sr.unh.edu/data/>. According to the data guide
<https://eos-earthdata.sr.unh.edu/data/dataGuides/india_crops_dg.pdf>, it
provides specific data on plant rotation land use for both rice and millet
from the late 1990s or early 2000s.

*Question 1:* Can this source be reliably used for calculating both Rice%
and Millet% given the coverage of millet as a crop type in the land
rotation data?

*Question 2:* Is there a more recent data source available for agricultural
land use at the district level?

Additionally, I have received a historical dataset titled "India Districts
1966.xlsx", which appears to be manually encoded from survey books found in
a university library, and includes columns such as District1966,
DistTotalRiceCultivatedArea1966, and TotalCultivatedArea1966.

*Question 3:* Has anyone also come across this data, and know the actual
source of it?

*Question 4:* Does anyone know of a similar dataset that includes data on
millet percentages from the 1960s or earlier?

Thank you for any guidance or pointers you can provide.

All the best,

-Linfeng