On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 01:17  AM, dLux wrote:

- To make it supported by the whole perl community, inclucing module
  developers. For example, I want to pass a date object to the DBI
  bind_param method without the need of converting it to string. I want
  DBI to parse it into the format, which the database-server
  understands. To achieve this, we just need to provide a good
  stringification and parser interface.
This is something that I've long wanted, too. The issue in my mind is that the stringification needed by a particular DBD will likely be different than the default stringification. If the DBD handles it, fine, but I think it'd be ideal to design it in such a way that the DBD didn't have to do anything more than specify the datetime string format it needs (in strftime format, most likely), and have the DateTime object do the rest.

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory