On 25-Jul-2001 Edinilson J. Santos wrote:
> Davide,
>
> Iīm using a script that call nav (norton anti-virus) on each message that
> arrives.
> But nav doesnīt return any code to the script about the file being veryfied
> (has virus or not).
> The script is returning code 100 to Xmail in any situation because I donīt
> know if nav changed (or not) the file.
>
> Do you see some problem with this? Will this cause overload in XMail?

Are You using our enemies anti virus ?!?! :)
Anyway, are you sure that nav can correctly scan the message file.
I'm not sure even is nav can correctly scan a MIME file, and the file
XMail gives to you has extra stuff ( header ) in the head of the file.
If nav will break the file stucture you're going to have problems.
To do it correctly you should, at least, give the strict MIME part to nav.

- Davide