From: Bob Simning [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 00:28
To: Peter Wippich
Cc: Alex Rier; davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: Re: Problem running 2.6.19-rc3-omap1 Kernel on TI DVEVM

Peter Wippich wrote:

        Hi Alex,

                When I try to load that image using TFTP, it loads fine,
                Being uncompressed fine. But it gets stuck immediately
after
                Printing "booting." u-Boot message.

        I had the same problem first. There are to solutions:

        a) update your bootloader to 1.1.3_0.5,4
        b) apply a patch to your kernel that was sent to this mailing
list.
        Subject was something like DaVinci: HACK: work with any machine
number
        from bootloader. Check the archive. Patch date was June 2006.

        Ciao,

        Peter

        |       Peter Wippich                   Voice: +49 30 46776411
|
        |       G&W Instruments GmbH            fax:   +49 30 46776419
|
        |       Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, Geb. 12  Email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
        |       D-13355 Berlin  / Germany

There is a patch to allow you to set your machine number to the correct
version.
http:/linux.omap.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/attachments/200
60626/08870398/machine-number-hack.bin

This mail passed through VIGILANT TECHNOLOGY Mail-SeCure.

computer viruses.

This mail passed through VIGILANT TECHNOLOGY Mail-SeCure.