Are you using multiple processes in your app?

I'm not a Link expert, but I think these assertions are thrown when you
call MSGQ_Get() (which the internals of the VIDENC_create()/delete()
APIs use) from a different process than you called MSGQ_Open() with
(which Engine_open() does).

(Link experts please correct me)

If that's the case, Codec Engine doesn't currently support multiple
processes - it does support multiple threads within the same process...
but not multiple processes.

Some details on your app's threading model might help.  I haven't seen
these assertions thrown before.

Chris