Hello all,

              Recently we manufactured our own custom boards with NAND
chips, and we'r noticing that during ftl_format of the chip, it doesn't skip
over bad blocks in NAND - can someone verify is skipping bad blocks is
already supported in the montavista kernel for davinci?

I've looked at the nand driver, and there seems to be a file called
nand_bbt.c, located in drivers/mtd/nand, and it seems to support this
assumption; however, in nand_davinci.c, the this->options for the driver is
set to 0 (I think you need to set it to NAND_USE_FLASH_BBT to enable the bad
block table feature...

Have tried using that feature, but it seems to act wonky..if there is a bad
block in a partition, it labels the entire partition as being bad

We need this feature for booting a filesystem + kernel from nand for a
standalone system, and have a bunch of boards with nand problems on board

Thank you,

Jerry