Not exactly sure what you're trying to do... but I'll state some thoughts.

   1.  The inBufs and outBufs arguments to process() are an array of buffers -
up to XDM_MAX_IO_BUFFERS (16).  So, if you own the application, and the codec,
you can utilize the existing VISA APIs to pass multiple buffers in and out.
   2.  Note that, from the codec side, inBufs are read-only, and outBufs are
write-only.  Writing into the inBufs will cause cache coherency issues if the
DSP cache is enabled.
   3.  Regarding your comment here:

> It's just like:
> retVal = fxns->process(alg, inBuf, outBuf,inArgs,
> outArgs);

You're close, but there's more.  It's _actually_ more like fxns->algActivate(),
fxns->process(), fxns->algDeactivate().  Perhaps a subtle difference, but an
xDAIS detail worth mentioning.

(And for good measure, when dealing with 'remote' codecs, there's more that the
VISA APIs buy you - including cache maintenance and address translation between
the processors.)

Chris