You should be able to use KDevelop (and any other IDE that supports
building C code with a supported toolchain) to build a Codec Engine app.
There is a 'pre-build' config step required (using the XDC Tools) when
building an executable that will require some extra work.

There are some details on how to integrate the XDC config step into
different build engines (e.g. CCS, GNU make, etc) around section 2.4
here:

http://www-s.ti.com/sc/techlit/spruex4

[ FYI, to the general list, this XDC User's Guide is relatively new and
may be worth a read for those wanting more information/explanation about
the XDC Tools.  There are some interesting tools in recent releases that
may be worth becoming aware of. ]

This should apply to KDevelop, as well as DevRocket and other build
IDE's (using configuro).  There are GNU make-based Codec Engine examples
for this configuro tool (in the CE 1.20 release and later) in:
   * GPP-side -
examples/ti/sdo/ce/examples/apps/video_copy/dualcpu/makefile/evmDM6446
   * DSP-side (if applicable) -
examples/ti/sdo/ce/examples/servers/video_copy/makefile

(For DM355, the "GPP-side" example above, while applicable as an example
makefile to review, is inappropriate from a config script POV.  For a
better example config script for DM355 systems, look at
.../apps/video_copy/singlecpu/local.cfg.)

Chris