        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Omkiran Sharma
        Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:52 AM
        To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
        Subject: Any way for CE to alloc non-cmem memory during create
to ARM onlycodecs.

        Hi,
          ARM only codecs should have no need for CMEM memory. By
default it appears that CE now allocates CMEM memory to the local codecs
during create (ialg based memtab requests). I could find a Memory_type
enumeration in the osal headers, however I could not figure out if there
is any way to configure the codec engine such that it will give non cmem
buffers to the local codec during creation. Is there any setting I can
set in the cfg file for the same? (Something similar to what we do for
DSKT2, where we can specify the heap the memory can come from)

        Regards,
        Omkiran