From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of minhong
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:27 AM
To: davinci-linux-open-source
Subject: Questions about codec engine

Hi, all,
      I've several questions that need your help.

     1.
     If I have two applications said A1(used to encode MPEG4) and A2(used to
decode JPEG),
     I think I'll have CERuntime_init() called in each application. When I
execute A2 after A1 is
     executed and still running, the two applications seem to terminate
together. So, what's wrong
     for this situation ? May I call CERuntime_init() while the other process
has called it ?

     2.
     As mentioned in 1. what is the correct way if I want to show JPEG
repeatedly while MPEG4 is being
     encoded. ? I used two threads for different jobs (one for MPEG4 encoding,
said video_thread and one for
     JPEG decoding, said image_thread). When the video_thread is running, I'll
do some command to
     invoke the jpeg_thread for decoding a picture. Eventually, I'll got the
message:

                 ERROR: assertion violation: Sem_posix.c, line308

     and the application is halt.

     I'm wondering if I can call any IMGDEC_control/IMGDEC_process API if
VIDENC_process is
     repeatedly called in the video_thread.

minhong.