From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mat Laibowitz
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 8:08 PM
To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: Re: codec engine failed to create algorithm

Well, I figured out the problem about five minutes after sending this email. I
guess it is always helpful to formulate a question from the problem.

The issue is on the wiki:

The JPEG Encode v1.10 (sprc441) must be patched as follows because of a defect
in the codec package. In the file

dm6446_jpegenc_combo_1_10\packages-evaluation\ti\sdo\codecs\jpegenc\ce\JPEGENC.xdc

disable the line referencing idma3Fxns with the string "DMJPGE_TIGEM_IDMA3".

Not sure exactly what this means, but if the defect has to do with DMA, then it
is understandable why it did not work and could not setup the codec's memory.
I removed this line and it works fine.

Thanks,
-mat

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Mat Laibowitz <[EMAIL