From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Sommerfeld
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:12 PM
To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: DM355: MPEG4 + MJPEG together

Hi,

Has anyone had problems running MPEG4 alongside MJPEG on the DM355? ie. encode
the same frame in the same application with MPEG4 followed by MJPEG?

For me, the MJPEG IMGENC1_process call hangs.

More generally, what is the best way to debug things like this? I use
CE_DEBUG=1 but it doesn't give me enough info. I find debugging memory
allocation problems with the DM355 especially difficult to debug as it will not
always tell me that it has run out of memory. If it doesn't I might get a
SIGSEGV or no feedback at all. This really slows down debugging. I'd love to
know how much/many pools I have remaining free at a given point.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Peter