0x80008018 is RMS_EINVPROT (EINVPROT == Error, invalid protocol), found in
ti/sdo/ce/rms.h.  This error occurs if the stubs (ARM-side) and skeletons
(DSP-side) don't "speak the same protocol".  That is, the marshalling protocol
of arguments in the stubs doesn't match the unmarshalling protocol of the
arguments in the skeletons.

In short, the version of Codec Engine built into the DSP-side doesn't match the
version built into the ARM-side.

During startup, when CE_DEBUG=2 is set, the versions of components in the
system should be displayed, so you should be able to compare which versions
were used on each side.

Chris