New thread, as requested...

I like Rob/David's suggestion of adding calls to
request_mem_region()/release_mem_region() in each allocator (SRAM and CMEM)
when they're given this SRAM memory to manage to help catch collisions.  CMEM
added this recently too, so at least we'd get a nice error msg rather than have
them stomp on each other.

Assuming the SRAM allocator is pushed, can we talk through what happens when
the audio driver (or any other driver!) requests this SRAM and either no SRAM
is available, or this SRAM allocator isn't configured into the kernel?

Do we lose the audio driver support?  Does the audio driver need to plan ahead
and have a mode where it doesn't use this SRAM?