I don't really understand this yet, but maybe some background will help [at
least!] both of us...

In general, the ARM-side Link config can be done in 1 of 2 use cases:
   1. Static config.  The config struct is constructed in a .c file and built
_into_ the Link binaries during the DSP Link build.  The pre-built config is
used when, at run time, PROC_setup() is called with a NULL config struct ptr.
   2. Dynamic config.  The config struct is crafted at run time and passed into
Link via the PROC_setup() call.

Codec Engine uses the 2nd model under the hood (during Engine_open()).  Since
the memory map is part of this config, and different DSP images can potentially
have different memory maps, this approach lets Codec Engine load different
images without forcing a rebuild of anything.  (BTW, this memory map info is
some of the gems we scrape out of the DSP build during
Engine.createFromServer()).

All that to say I don't know why changing _your_ static LINKCFG_Dsp struct
(which might be used in use case #1) has any affect in a Codec Engine-based
system (which uses use case #2).  :?

Chris