Replies inline.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Sergei Shtylyov <sshtyl...@ru.mvista.com>wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Brian Rhodes wrote:
>
>  I just got my audio working this evening with a TLV320DAC32 DAC on a
>>> near-copy of the DM6446 EVM board (we use the TLV320DAC32 instead of the
>>> TLV320AIC33 and drop the I2C port expanders).  I've had USB host mode
>>> working for a while, but now when I try to use audio after mounting a flash
>>> disk, or mount a flashdisk after using audio, I'm getting various errors as
>>> shown below.
>>>
>>> I thought I read a post here somewhere about a problem along these lines,
>>> but I can't seem to find it in the archives.  Is this anything new?  This is
>>> 2.6.31-rc7.  CPPI DMA is enabled.
>>>

>  I constantly see alike messages when running USB test #12 (testusb.c can
> be found at http://www.linux-usb.org/usbtest/).
>
>  We recently had this problem with one of our boards, but it appears to
>> have been completely a circuitry issue, though the driver may also have a
>> couple issues when there are some problems with the signals.  The board
>> layout had some issues where the impedance was not being maintained properly
>> either because of distance between traces, or switching layers on the board.
>>  I believe the major problem was a couple of right angle turns in the traces
>> which were causing signal reflection.  I have not heard that it was
>> reproduced since our layout issues were fixed.
>>
>> I think the impedance between the differential pairs should be 90 ohms.
>>  We had one spot where that was not maintained to avoid a through hole and a
>> couple right angles in the traces close to the connector.
>>

>  That's interesting point...

I know the engineer spent a lot of time checking impedances and such.  I
know most of the clocks are modeled down to around 10 picoseconds.
Obsessive-compulsive as a description comes to mind.

I will load this on the Davinci DVEVM board and check for it also.  If it
occurs on that board also, I'd be more inclined to say it's a software
issue.  USB is touchy, but not THAT touchy.  I've run USB 2.0 at full speed
over a few inches of wire-wrap wire with success.  And I can reproduce this
problem every time.

>  The git kernel version which I was using was 2.6.30-rc7.  I was thinking
>> perhaps musb_h_tx_flush_fifo should simply clear MUSB_TXCSR_FLUSHFIFO from
>> MUSB_TXCSR if it failed
>>

>  This bit is self-clearing, and the register readback show it as cleared,
> so there's no point.
>
>  so that at least USB could become usable again.
>>

>  It is usable regardless.

I'm not what "usable" means, as it seems to take at least a few minutes to
recover.