Just a quick [hopefully not confusing] clarifying point...

All this discussion is correct assuming all the codecs are 'remote'; that is,
all codecs execute on the DSP.  If any codecs are ARM-based (e.g. all the
DM355/365 codecs) and managed by Codec Engine, their XDAIS-requested memory
will also be allocated from CMEM.

Chris