  From: John Ogness
  To: dazuko-help@nongnu.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:37 PM
  Subject: [Spam] Re: [Dazuko-help] Relation to libav/RedirFS?

  On 2009-02-11, Henry Jensen <hjen...@gmx.de> wrote:
  > Is there any relationship between Dazuko and this "REDIRFS-based
  > on-access scanner", or is it something completely different
  > (meaning: has AVG dropped Dazuko support)?

  The two projects are completely different: http://www.redirfs.org

  ...although they do keep in close contact with each other.

  There are many different access control modules that exist. Many are
  listed on Dazuko's "related work" page.

  http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/Related_Work

  > If so, what does this mean for the future of Dazuko?

  This has no direct effect on the future of Dazuko.

  > Are there any signals that other AV-vendors will support
  > Dazuko/DazukoFS?

  Dazuko has a page listing all known Dazuko-based applications.

  http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/Dazuko-based_Applications

  The company Avira GmbH has already announced on the dazuko-devel
  mailing list that they will be supporting DazukoFS with their next
  release.

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-devel/2009-02/msg00004.html

  John Ogness

  --