On Oct 14, 2009, at 11:39 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:

Also be sure to look at the section http://sqlite.org/foreignkeys.html#fk_enable , because you have to enable a pragma on each connect to use the foreign keys feature; it isn't yet on by default for backwards compatibility purposes.

I suggest you add something to the documentation showing how to always enable this using a callback. Something like

    my $enable_fks = sub { shift->do('PRAGMA foreign_keys = ON') };
    my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, '', '', {
        Callbacks => { connect => $enable_fks, },
    });

If the user uses connect_cached, she should use this instead:

        Callbacks => { 'connect_cached.reused' => $enable_fks, },

Best,

David