> For info : I just committed a number of additions for better support of FTS3
> fulltext searches within DBD::SQLite; in particular, adding hooks for
> tokenizers written in Perl, adding documentation and tests.

That's great!  I'm very interested in playing around with FTS3 from Perl --
thanks for the additions.

However, a SVN checkout fails "make test" miserably. After some aimless
debugging, I believe this is due to the fact that perl_tokenizer_Open() in
dbdimp.c calls newSVpvn_flags() without making sure that the function is
properly declared.

Adding

        #define NEED_newSVpvn_flags

at the top of

        dbdimp.c

solves the problem for me, and almost all tests pass.

Best,
Stefan

PS: This is where the tests still fail --

> t/rt_44891_strings_look_like_numbers.t ... # requires sqlite3 3.6.23.1
> executable for extra tests
> t/rt_44891_strings_look_like_numbers.t ... Failed 681/829 subtests

Lots of failures of the form "got: +1.0 expected: +1.0", and then "Abort trap"
after 148 subtests.

PPS: It would be nice if there were an easy way to test FTS3 support in
DBD::SQLite without having to install unreleased modules (tokenizer and
unaccenter) by hand. Will these be available in regular CPAN soon, so one can
just do "install Search::Tokenizer"? Or could the tests use a standard
tokenizer module instead?