> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
>> It looks like those two errors come from different reasons. The first
>> one (of t/51...) can be safely skipped if DBD::SQLite is not compiled
>> with ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA (see t/rt_40594...).
>
> For the t/51_table_column_metadata.t I intend to exclude only the failed
> tests. But I am struggling with the second part of problems.
>
>> You probably need to update your manifest or run util/constants.pl (in
>> the repository) before you make a distribution to address the second.
>
> I'm a bit struggling with what is going on here. I have downloaded the
> constants.pl and SQLiteUtil.pm script, fiddled with it so that it
> consumes /usr/include/sqlite3.h, but the files produced by it
> (contstants.inc and Constants.pm) are the same as the ones in the
> DBD-SQLite-1.48.tar.gz .
>
> I then went into the test itself and it seems that it's generating full
> text index of all the files contained in the MANIFEST file. Then it's
> looking for given words and compares the output with predetermined
> 'correct' set. All tests work, but one. Looking for
> '"use strict" AND "use warnings"' does not find
> lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm. I changed the test and I can confirm that
> looking for both '"use warnings"' and '"use strict"' finds that file.
> I also verified which file is opened by the test and I made sure that
> both strings are present. I have tried to dump the sqlite database, but
> it's mostly full of binary blobs.
>
> I know next to nothing about DBD::SQLite and/or SQLite itself, but the
> guts feeling is that the perl module is just a wrapper, so maybe SQLite
> itself could be blamed here? We have version 3.8.8.1. Looking here:
> https://sqlite.org/news.html does not reveal any relevant bug being
> fixed.
>
> I can compile my own sqlite and link the perl module to it, but at the
> moment that's all I can think of ...

Are you using a custom packager script, or making DBD::SQLite all by hand?
If the former is the case, check your packaging script and see if
there's a list of extracted file to be copied to somewhere (in a
temporary directory etc) and lib/DBD/SQLite/Constants.pm is correctly
contained in the list. The file is added fairly recently (April 2015),
so if you are using a script written some time earlier, the file may
not be copied correctly, which leads to your error.

According to the CPAN Testers, DBD::SQLite normally passes all its
tests under Solaris. So I don't think there's anything bad in the code
itself.

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=DBD-SQLite+1.48

Regards,
Kenichi