Hi, thanks for starting the discussion :)

As of 3.9.0, SQLite compiles flawlessly with both fts3/4 and fts5
enabled. So it looks like we don't need to choose one. If some of you
want to try the experimental fts5 right now, I'll add
SQLITE_ENABLE_FTS5 to Makefile.PL. Otherwise, I'll keep it disabled
until it gets stable.

Cheers,
Kenichi Ishigaki