Dear Perl and MySQL Community,

I'm pleased to announce the release of DBD::mysql 4.008!

This release contains several fixes, particularly the issue where TAKE_IMP_DATA_VERSION being defined allowed code features to be compiled in that caused potential grief for anyone running DBI < 1.60x (segfault). I've disabled this for the time being until I find a better solution.

I've also decided from now on, as soon as I get a patch, or if I fix something, even if it is a minute change, I'm rolling out a release. Release early and often, right!?

The changes in this release are:

* Multi statement patch (fixes multi statement issues), thanks to Chris Heath!
* Disabled TAKE_IMP_DATA_VERSION because segfault with DBI < 1.607
* #29528: bind_param(..., SQL_FLOAT) ignores exponents - fixed, Thanks to
Tokuhiro Matsuno!
* Cleanups to make mysqlEmb work under Cygwin - Thanks to Chris Rodgers
<http://rodgers.org.uk/> !
* Modified and disabled tests for MySQL version < 4.1 for unsupported features

Thanks again to Chris Heath, Tokuhiro Matsuno, and Chris Rodgers for their patches as well as to everyone else who was kind enough to report bugs!

File info:

file: $CPAN/authors/id/C/CA/CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.008.tar.gz
size: 125033 bytes
md5: 11c9aea0b5d04d13043461f4a0c1dfcb

The release can be found at:

http://search.cpan.org/~capttofu/DBD-mysql-4.008/

Subversion, for those who want the most up to date code:

http://svn.perl.org/modules/DBD-mysql/

Thank you for using DBD::mysql and MySQL!

--

Satyam Eva Jayate - Truth Alone Triumphs
Mundaka Upanishad