On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 04:16  PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Hrm. So what do you reckon is the most transparent way to deal with nul
bytes embedded in strings?
Because libpq is C based, and we pass the query as a C string to the
backend, I can not think of a way to make nulls pass transparatenly.
Seems bytea is the only good solution, where \\0 becomes NULL.
Yeah, but now we're talking about what to do before the string gets to libpq. IOW, what should we do with a nul byte before we hand it off to PostgreSQL.

Maybe that answer is just as simple as strip it out, as Baldur suggests.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 15726394