On Feb 12, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:

That's starting to get might complex, isn't it?

Uh, "mite". :-)

Or "mighty", perhaps.

Quite.

So, I'm looking at your new_child() stuff, instead. I'm not entirely clear on how to implement it (DBI->connect() seems pretty complex--necessary?), but it seems to be the best approach to getting what I want (no resetting of attributes in connect_cached()). Is it as simple as:

  sub new_child {
      my $handle = shift;
      my $child = bless {}, 'SomePackage';
      # Set attributes....
      return $child;
  }

? And the modifying connect() and friends to use it, perhaps instead of the $connect_closure?

Regards,

David