On Feb 13, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

Maybe the answer it to not allow changing attributes on a cached handle.

That's already the rule and would not change.

Er, that's news to me.

Uh, sorry, I was thinking of the resetting of AutoCommit.

Different applications use handle caching for different reasons.
For many changing attribute values is okay. But I can see value in
making it easy to warn or die on attribute changes.

Yes, I agree.

If we had per-handle-per-method callbacks (as previously discussed)
then it would be easy to add a callback for STORE to implement that.
That's the only practical way to do it without modifying all drivers.

They just seemed to be getting so complex...

Regards,

David