On May 9, 2008, at 04:42, Tim Bunce wrote:

Only now I'm seeing that test fail on 5.6.2. Is it possible that 5.6.2
destroys the handle by the type the do() is called?

Seems likely.

Yes, I've released a new version where the test checks for $] > 5.6.1 instead of > 5.8.0.

Got removed in May 2004
http://svn.perl.org/viewvc/modules/dbi/trunk/t/07kids.t?r1=333&r2=335

Hrm. I guess it wasn't telling us much, since it's dependent on Perl versions, rather than the implementation of the DBI.

If you really need to capture the complete state at the time the error
*is recorded* rather than the time its *checked for and thrown* then
you could use HandleSetErr instead of HandleError:

http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI-1.604/DBI.pm#HandleSetErr_(code_ref,_inherited)

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. As for my uses, I just wanted to get my tests passing again. No one has complained about the state of the error information in Exception::Class::DBI, to my knowledge. So I think I'll leave it as-is.

Best,

David