On Oct 5, 2009, at 5:41 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:

But from what you've described in your blog to be the state of affairs, I think that having a distinct DBIx::Connector module is a good idea, versus embedding that functionality in a larger DBI-using module.

Yes, that's the idea.

I've never been in a situation to use cached connections before, but this module looks like it could be a good default practice to use when using DBI, if it seems to make connection caching work more correctly. Unless there might be some agreement for DBI itself to use those semantics (but it hadn't already).

I think that the DBI has tried to stay away from dealing with forking and threading, though all the special-casing for Apache::DBI must've been a PITA. I'm plan to use DBIx::Connector for all my projects going forward.

Best,

David