Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> With reference to the rt I created "Support binding of integers so they
>> are returned as IVs" at http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=49818
>
> If I'm understanding you correctly, this was recently 'fixed' in DBD::Pg,
> to accomodate JSON::XS as well. For the relevant code, see:
>
> http://svn.perl.org/modules/DBD-Pg/trunk/dbdimp.c
>
> and grep for "cast"

I could do what DBD::Pg does here (and have to verify it works) but
Oracle integers can be very large - too big to fit in an IV in some
cases. I think the only person who knows if an integer is small enough
to fit in an IV is the person calling bind_col and in any case, my
situation is in fact that some of the database integers I need back as
strings and some I want as integers. As a result, I think it is
necessary to support the TYPE attribute to bind_col.

1. Does any DBD support TYPE in bind_col (I can't find any so far)?

2. Presumably if a DBD wanted to store the TYPE would it need to
implement the bind_col (dbd_st_bind_col) method itself?

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited