On Mar 7, 2010, at 5:43 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:

>> Looks good, thanks. Pity you removed the `$dbh->{private_myapp_sql_mode}`
>> bit, though, as that's required when using C<connect_cached()>, which
>> you almost certainly are doing if you need this hack.
>
> Are you sure it's required when using connected()? The connected method
> is only called for new connections.

Yes, I just verified it with Bricolage, which uses connect_cached. connected()
is called every time, whether or not a connection is a new connection.

BTW, here's another issue I forgot to mention. I installed the DBI from svn and
now get this error unless I rebuild each driver:

[Sun Mar 07 10:22:24 2010] [error] DBI/DBD internal version mismatch (DBI is
v95/s208, DBD ./mysql.xsi expected v94/s208) you probably need to rebuild the
DBD driver (or possibly the DBI).

I've never had an issue with binary compatibility between the DBI and a DBD.
Did something change in this last build?

Best,

David