Fellow DBIers,

I was just discussing writing a callback on connect() to change authentication
(my correspondent wants to use realm files). But then I discovered to my
disappointment that there is no support for callbacks on connect(). This makes
sense, frankly, since the method is called before the callbacks are applied,
and callbacks execute before the method, not afterward (at least for now).

But I've found great use by adding callbacks on connected(), so that they
execute just after a connection. So I was wondering how folks felt about the
idea of adding a connecting() method that executes just before the DBI tries to
connect to the database? I think this would be a nice complement to
connecting(), and instantly make a simple interface for adding a pre-connection
callback, too.

Thoughts?

Best,

David