On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 01:56:49PM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:21:53 +0200, Jens Rehsack
> <rehs...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does that sound ok?
> >
> > Partially for me.
> >
> > 1) I don't know which svn version is used to store the repository,
> >    so we might run into trouble when merging from the trunk.

I believe the server is 1.6.9 (Server:Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) DAV/2
SVN/1.6.9 mod_python/3.3.2-dev-20080819 Python/2.4.1 mod_ssl/2.2.14
OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8)

> > 2) We should try to communicate about release cycles anyway,
> >    because it doesn't makes much sense to have the sqlengine
> >    branch ready for release a week after a fresh release is out.

Naturally.

> > 3) Me might tag something as stable and ready for release, but
> >    want develop more (because we have time, desires or what ever),
> >    so we need to branch (for fixing) ...

Sure. I'd merge the tagged version, rather than the current branch head,
into trunk. If a hot fix is needed it could be cherry-picked (so to speak)
later.

> > But it sounds like a way we can walk to see where it leads us.
> > And probably I'm to pessimistic at the moment :)
> >
> > Probably we need more branches - depending on the task, let's
> > see.
>
> Tim, would it be OK to release dev versions of `other' branches to CPAN?
> So the CPANTESTERS can pick up what goes wrong

Yes. That's what I meant by:
"When the SqlEngine team is ready to release it can merge in the latest
trunk, test and tag it. Then I'll make a dev release from the branch."