On 25/10/2010 18:04, John Scoles wrote:
On 10/25/2010 10:33 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 07:28:31AM -0400, John Scoles wrote:
Tim Bunce wrote:

Looks like DBD::Oracle as PERL_POLLUTE as well.

Lucy!!! You have some renaming to do!!!

A project of 1.26 perhaps
As 5.13.x comes closer to being 5.14 this issue is becoming more urgent.

John, I've asked s...@perl.org to give commit access for the dbd-orcle
repro to Martin so he can work on this for you. I'd appreciate it if you
could work on a release as soon as he's done. Thanks!

Actully I have done all the work on it it is just testing I have to go at now. Which should take place in a day or so
I created a new branch

http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-oracle/branches/polute

for it. It would be best if he uses that branch to start with.

Looks like you have it under control so that is fine by me.

There are a few missed "na"s, "dowarn", "dirty" etc in that branch in dbdimp.c and oci8.c.
Perhaps others, I did not check that carefully.

Martin
I have have a new release ready within a few days

What is the drop dead date for this.

Cheers
John Scoles
Michael, will you be able to make a fixed release of DBD::Sybase soonish?

The work required is pretty trivial. It's mostly just adding a "PL_"
prefix to instances of the sv_undef, sv_yes, and sv_no variables.

For both of you I suggest testing with an actual recent build of 5.13.x
(rather than fiddle around with the special 1.613_71 DBI build).

Tim.

cheers
John
Short version:

Please download build test *and install* DBI 1.613_71, then download build and test any compiled drivers you use to check they work with DBI 1.613_71.

Let us know about any failures *and* successes.

Also grep the source code of the driver to see if it defines
PERL_POLUTE. If it does, let us know.

Long version:

Perl 5.13.3+ removes support for PERL_POLUTE. PERL_POLUTE enables use of old-style variables names, without the PL_ prefix (e.g. sv_undef instead
of PL_sv_undef).

The DBI has, for many years, enabled PERL_POLUTE mode in DBIXS.h, so
it's likely that compiled drivers are use some old-style variables names.
These drivers won't work with Perl 5.13.3+.

To aid testing for this, the DBI 1.613_71 doesn't enabled PERL_POLUTE mode.

So please test compiled drivers against DBI 1.613_71.

Thanks!