On 07/03/11 14:02, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 15:21:04 +0200, Norbert Gruener
<n...@mpa-garching.mpg.de>  wrote:

Hi Merijn,

on the weekend I have upgraded to DBI version 1.616 and afterwards one
of my Perl scripts did not work anymore.

Please find attached a short script to reproduce my problem.  When I
run it I will get the following error message

   Can't use string ("gconfd-nog") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs"
   in use at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/DBI/DBD/SqlEngine.pm line 688.

I have looked into the function 'list_tables' in the module
"DBI::DBD::SqlEngine".  The attached patch will fix my problem.  Maybe
you can have a look into it to check if this is a proper solution.

I'm just a co-maint to DBI, and this is not my area of expertise. I
hereby forward the problem to the correct ML.

Attachement missing ;-)

If noone replies with a
decent answer, the best next thing to do is to create an RT ticket in
the DBI queue

Creating an RT seems to be a good idea to me, otherwise I promise it
will be lost in dark (of being currently to busy to track mails and IRC).

Cheers,

Norbert

Thanks for contacting Merijn and to Merijn thanks to forwarding.

Jens